Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Mojo Monday Memories




Yesterday, Julee Tilman posted the 500th and final Mojo Monday Sketch.  What impressive levels of creativity and dedication that shows!

While I am sad to see the Mojo Monday Challenge come to an end, I can only applaud Julee for her decision to spend more time with her darling twins!  Minutes, days, and years with our children pass all too quickly.

Over the years, the Mojo Sketches have stretched my crafting muscles and have improved my skills. The balance of a sketch allows freedom to experiment with colors, papers, and techniques.

Just for fun, I went back to my SCS gallery to see when I actually started posting cards.  It was in August 2012, and Julee commented on my first two cards.  My first Mojo card was created from sketch #250.  It's pretty rough, but Andrea Ewen was kind enough to leave a word of encouragement.

It's become a habit to visit the Mojo Monday blog each Monday after school  even it it was just to look at the designers' cards.  I'll miss that as much as the sketches, I think.  Lots of my favorite sketches are saved and are sure to be used again.

Thanks, Julee, for inspiration, encouragement and lots of fun!

Blessings,
Christine

Linking to:




My first Mojo Monday Card:  No laughing, please!

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

6 comments:

Angie said...

Great work with the sketch. Thank you for joining us at Jo’s Funday Friday Challenge . Good luck with your entry.
Angie http://jwscrapshack.blogspot.com

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card! Such a pretty design and sentiment!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Wanda Cullen said...

I'm so happy you took the time to share your first mojo entry! Isn't it great to see how much we change in our crafting styles?! Love that you used Verve stamps on your current card...a beautiful creation! Thanks so much for joining us in this last milestone challenge! ((hugs))

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, thanks for the sweet words, Christine. You've used one of my favorite stamp sets and I love the drama of the black with the pastels. Also love your very first Mojo card. I'm pretty sure it was right after a big Anni-VERVE-sary release and that's why I didn't comment then. Before the twins, I tried to be super faithful in commenting on every entry. :) Thanks so much for being a part of Mojo Monday! I always love peeking in at your entries.

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Both of these cards are wonderful. We can all look back on our works and see how far we have come.. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Jo's Fun Friday. AJ DT JSS

Kellie 0:) said...

Wow I can't believe Mojo Monday Sketches have come to an end. Love your take on the sketch. TFS and joining in this weeks FFC